May-June Cocktail Hour with Josh Cohen
ABOUT THE DRINK:
2 ounces of Tito’s Handmade Vodka
Splash of 7UP
Garnish with fresh orange slice and lime
WHO: Former Hollywood talent agent and 2006 World Series of Poker Main Event champion Jamie Gold
WHAT: Tito’s Vodka “Tito’s Tied-On” cocktails
WHERE: The Jamie Gold Poker Room aboard the new Island Breeze Casino ship 1 E. 11th St., Port of Palm Beach | IBreezeCasino.com | 561.410.7447
1) What most people don’t know about my late friend and client James Gandolfini is: he never wanted to be famous. He was a true actor that was really bothered by the celebrity part of success. He loved the work, but hated the fame that “Sopranos” brought him.
2) Something most people don’t realize about show business is that: it’s completely driven by advertising. In television, shows are now time-fillers in between advertising. Most TV shows are now made to suit brands. It’s actually advertising with TV show content in the middle as filler.
3) Someone I believed in from the start when most others didn’t fully see their potential was: Jimmy Fallon. He was still in college at the time, and I got it immediately, just how talented and engaging he was. He stayed with me, slept on my couch until he got on his feet. I helped him get his first few deals.
4) Winning the World Series of Poker Main Event in 2006 meant: everything to me. I had been training for eight years, and the best player I knew, the great Johnny Chan, inspired me to play the Main Event in 2006. I was fortunate enough to have a great run and take it down.
5) The first thing I bought with my first big Hollywood commission was: a forest green BMW convertible. I loved that car. I remember listening to Pearl Jam, driving home with the top down to my place in Malibu that I couldn’t afford at that time, yet being so happy.
6) The first thing I bought with my World Series of Poker Main Event record winnings was: something for my dad, to make him more comfortable. My dad was in the final stages of his six-year struggle with ALS, and I bought him a machine to make him more comfortable.
7) Having the Jamie Gold Poker Room on the Island Breeze Casino ship of Palm Beach is: a new chapter of my life that I’m really excited about. I’m excited to host poker games of every level almost every day. I’m excited about being social, having celebrity charity events every month on the ship, and to help raise money for great causes in my new community.
A Hollywood agent by age 21, Jamie Gold has represented the likes of Jimmy Fallon, James Gandolfini, Lucy Liu and Kristin Davis, among others, over a 15-year career in the industry. At the 2006 World Series of Poker Main Event, Gold outlasted 8,772 players to claim a record $12 million prize. Now a partner in the Island Breeze Casino ship featuring real craps, roulette, blackjack and sports book wagering, Gold hosts poker games aboard the ship setting sail twice daily from the Port of Palm Beach. He is a new resident of Singer Island.