- There are 518,075 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida. 8,051 people have died. There are 36, confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County. 919 people have died. [Florida Department of Health]
- For a list of Palm Beach County testing sites, click here. [Palm Beach County]
- Palm Beach Outlets, Tree of Life Resource Center, and the Schumacher Auto Group will continue monthly food distributions beginning Friday, August 14. The distributions will take place the on the second Friday of each month through Friday, December 11. Read more here.
- OXXO Care Cleaners will offer free around-the-clock touchless service to health care professionals and first responders. Read more here.
- Palm Beach County commissioners voted unanimously to mandate wearing masks in public places and will remain in effect until further notice. [WPTV]
- Palm Beach County officials paused vacation and short-terms rentals. [Palm Beach County]
- Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (BBCRA) Board approved an additional $500,000 to be added to its Small Business Disaster Relief Forgivable Loan Program, bringing the total Program funding to $1 million. Now through September 30, 2020, businesses with 50 or fewer employees can apply for a $10,000 interest-free business loan to be used for payroll, utilities, or inventory expenses within one year of the loan date. The loan will be forgiven if the business can provide documentation of the eligible expenditures.
- Tri Rail is offering an 18-train schedule every two hours on weekdays, a 12-train schedule with three hour frequency on weekends, and has suspended fairs.
- If you have questions, need further guidance, or have symptoms, call the Health Department at 1-866-779-6121 [Florida Department of Health]
- U.S. Small Business Administration announced the automatic deferments on loans through December 31, 2020.
Images courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.