It’s no secret that South Floridians love the Florida Keys, and that’s why so many feel the need to help the Keys in wake of Hurricane Irma.
Chef Adam Brown of The Cooper in Palm Beach Gardens, along with en-Flux private chef Troy Sheller, are organizing an effort to help food and beverage hospitality employees who are out of work due to Irma.
The relief effort is twofold: Participating chefs and restaurants will donate a percentage of their daily revenue from Oct. 5 to the Keys, and a Chefs for the Keys event will be held on Oct. 6.
The event will be held at the Riviera Beach Marina Village from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $125. The event will include food from the area’s top chefs, an open bar, live entertainment and a silent auction. Tickets to the event can be found at seventastings.com/chefs-for-the-keys.
Participating chefs and restaurants include:
- Addam Actis, Corner Porch
- Adam Brown, The Cooper
- Ben Burger, Mariposa
- Gustavo Calderon, 3800 Ocean at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
- Brian Cartenuto, Tucker Dukes and Union 27
- Lynn Dorsey, Magick in Your Kitchen
- Scott Edison, Dubliner Irish Pub
- Bruce Feingold, DADA
- Chuck Gittleman, Cask + Shaker
- Eddie Grosman, private chef
- Eric Grutka, Ian’s Tropical Grill
- Michael Hackman, Aioli
- Jeremy Hanlon, Benny’s on the Beach
- Alethea Hickman, Stonebridge Country Club
- Thomas Opt Holt, 50 Ocean
- Nina Kauder, private chef
- Seth Evan Kirschbaum, Restoration Hardware
- Michael Kuckelman, Bush Brothers
- Tim Nickey, Kapow! Noodle Bar
- Taun Norlander, private chef
- George Patti, MEAT Eatery and Union 27
- Scott Randazzo, Dubliner Irish Pub
- Mike Saperstein, Rebel House/Sunshine Provisions
- Troy Sheller, En-Flux Private Chef Services
- Charlie Soo, Talay Thai Cuisine
- Andrew Tsang, Drew’s Island Catering
- Desserts by David Innes, Sundy House
All proceeds from the relief effort will benefit the food and beverage hospitality workers in the Florida Keys who are out of work due to the storm. The money is being donated to the Islamorada Beer Company team, founders of the Florida Keys Fund/Gotta Love Them Fund, to make sure all proceeds are distributed to those individuals.
Logo courtesy of Chefs for the Keys